- Applicants should be a permanent resident of the United States for at least 5 years (3 years if married to U.S. citizen)
- They should be physically present in the United States for over 50% of the required residency period
- Members of the military may be exempt from the residency requirement
- Applicants must be persons of good moral character who have taken an oath of loyalty to the United States
- Applicants may be required to demonstrate their ability to speak, read and write simple words and phrases in English
- Aspiring citizens must pass a citizenship test on American History and government
Once naturalized, citizens are able to sponsor their family members in the Green Card process and help them on their own paths toward citizenship.
Become a U.S. Citizen
Nassim Arzani, Esq. has years of experience in immigration cases. She knows how to help individuals and families achieve the legal status they need to work and move freely about the United State without fear of being detained. To learn how Nassim can assist you to become a U.S. citizen, please contact us online or call (951) 683-0900.